Have your teeth ever made you feel too embarrassed to smile for a photo? You’re far from the only one. Studies suggest that more than one-third of adults feel self-conscious about some aspect of their teeth. If you’re looking to overcome those flaws and gain confidence in your smile, you may want to consider cosmetic dentistry. While it may seem like cosmetic dental treatments only offer aesthetic benefits, getting a smile makeover can actually enhance several other areas of your life. Here are three benefits associated with an attractive, confident smile.
3 Reasons to Get a Smile Makeover
In addition to making you more photogenic, a smile makeover has the potential to do a whole lot more. It can also do the following:
- Improve your oral health – Many cosmetic dental procedures also benefit your oral health. For example, dental crowns can protect a chipped or cracked tooth from further damage while also making it appear flawless.
- Help you make a great first impression – When meeting someone new, the first thing that most people notice is their smile. Research has shown that people with bright, healthy smiles are perceived as more trustworthy, hardworking, and confident.
- Boost your professional success – Of course, first impressions are crucial when you’re on the hunt for a new job. A recent study conducted at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles found that participants who underwent teeth whitening treatment before a job interview were more than 50% more likely to be hired. They even received higher salary offers!
With all of the benefits that smile makeovers can offer, it’s easy to see why you should set up a consultation with your cosmetic dentist right away!
How Your Cosmetic Dentist Can Help
If unsightly chips, cracks, stains, or gaps are marring your otherwise lovely smile, then a cosmetic dentist can help you explore your smile makeover options. Some of the treatments they may suggest include:
- Teeth whitening – Your dentist offers in-office and take-home teeth whitening solutions that are several times more effective than over-the-counter products at removing stubborn stains.
- Veneers – These super-thin porcelain shells are bonded to the front surfaces of problem teeth to instantly give them a flawless appearance.
- Metal-free dental crowns – Made of tooth-colored porcelain or ceramic, dental crowns completely cover the visible surface of a vulnerable tooth, providing cosmetic as well as restorative benefits.
- Dental implants – If your smile has been hindered, dental implants can help. These titanium posts are surgically inserted into the jawbone to rebuild the lost root structure. Then, lifelike replacement teeth are installed on top.
Imperfections in your teeth can make it hard to find reasons to smile. Fortunately, your cosmetic dentist has plenty of ways to help. Once you schedule your initial consultation, you’ll be one step closer to attaining the bright, confident smile you deserve!
About the Author
At Tindal Prosthodontics, Dr. Ben Tindal combines his expertise in restorative and cosmetic dentistry to help his patients in the Sarasota, FL community achieve and maintain healthy, gorgeous smiles through his advanced training in prosthodontics. He offers all of the services described above and more. he can even perform the surgical placement of dental implants in his office! To learn how you could benefit from a smile makeover, visit Dr. Tindal’s website or call (941) 225-2520.