Did you know a gleaming smile can improve your quality of life in a variety of ways? Not only do whiter teeth improve your appearance, but they can boost your confidence and change how others perceive your personality as well. In fact, studies indicate that a brilliant set of pearly whites can help you land your dream job, while less-than-stellar teeth may end up hurting your chances for success. Read on to discover how teeth whitening in Sarasota can help you achieve a beautiful smile and advance your career.
Whiter Teeth Help You Shine During an Interview
Your smile is one of the first things others notice and remember about you when making a first impression. For better or for worse, the appearance of your teeth can influence how people perceive you. Countless studies have shown that a beautiful smile is associated with health, youth, and attractiveness, while yellow or dirty teeth can leave a negative impression.
Experts at Kelton Research recently tested how teeth whitening impacts a person’s professional appearance. Their study involved simulated job interviews and a quantitative online survey of participants before and after whitening treatments. Results from the mock interviews found that:
- 53% of those with whitened teeth were offered larger salaries.
- 65% of those with whitened teeth were seen as more professional.
- 58% of those with whitened teeth were more likely to be hired.
A Beautiful Smile Can Highlight Your Soft Skills
“Soft skills” like creativity, collaboration, and time management are becoming increasingly important to employers and hiring managers. However, these less-concrete traits can be more difficult to measure when applying for a job or promotion. While it’s important to convey experiences and results that demonstrate your soft skills, a gleaming smile during your interview can help highlight traits like:
- Confidence: Smiling triggers a chemical reaction in your brain that fosters feelings of contentment. In turn, this helps you feel and look more confident, adaptable, and ready to take on any challenge.
- Communication skills: Communication is key in the workplace. A friendly smile will show your employer that you are approachable and easy to talk to, which lends itself to collaboration and teamwork.
- Trustworthiness: Certain studies have even discovered that the more someone smiles, the more trustworthy others perceive them as. Smiling can help you underline your leadership skills and ability to get the job done.
Professional Teeth Whitening Can Help You Land Your Dream Job
There are countless over-the-counter teeth whitening products that claim to be able to help you achieve a dazzling smile. However, these store-bought whiteners can often cause tooth sensitivity and gum irritation while only providing subpar results. Thankfully, a professional teeth whitening treatment is a safe, comfortable, and convenient method that reliably offers dramatic results. Your dentist is highly trained to use powerful whitening products that can lift discoloration from deep within the enamel. A personalized treatment ensures that you are as comfortable as possible while you brighten your smile. Whether you’re interested in a quick in-office treatment or would prefer a take-home kit for a more gradual and convenient approach, your Sarasota cosmetic dentist has a teeth whitening option that’s right for you.
About the Author
Dr. Ben Tindal is passionate about providing excellent dentistry for the smiles of Sarasota to improve their lives in meaningful ways. As an active member of numerous prestigious organizations like the Florida Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, he constantly pursues continuing education and stays current with the latest developments in dentistry. He aims to help his patients achieve a smile that looks and feels its best, which is why he offers a variety of cosmetic services like teeth whitening. To see if teeth whitening is right for you, he can be contacted via his website or at (941) 225-2520.